Friday, April 17, 2020

Getting your first job at a freelancing site

Considering the current lockdown period, the number of freelancers is increased. many people are trying to get the online jobs and thus some times it's way difficult to start freelancing from scratch.

A couple of years ago I faced the same dilemma. No matter how low I bid, I could never get a project. But as of today if I bid on a project, 90% of the chances are that I will get it. Thanks to more than 110 Five Star Ratings.

I was almost on the verge of giving it up but then someone gave me some advice which helped me get my first project.

So how did I manage to do it?


Create a proposal where you explain why you should be picked even though you are new.

It could be something like


Dear XYZ,
I have been in this industry for XX years and such jobs are my daily practice. This is my first time on this site and hence you can see that I do not have any ratings/testimonials to show you. I can assure you that if you work with me once, you will always work with me for this kind of project.


Now you can mention stuff here on why the employer should choose you. you can Attach a sample and tell the employer that it can be delivered the moment he chooses your bid.


Submit samples of your previous work

Don't just submit any sample. The sample should be relevant to the current project you are bidding on, this will be the best thing that attracts the employer.


Submit a working sample of the current work.

If you do not want to do that then attach a video of the working application. I use CAMTASIA to record a video to show how the completed project looks like. Trust me this almost will seal the project for you.

Start with these 3 and you will see results very soon. Let me know your questions or suggestions in the comments section below if you have any. Best luck. Happy Freelancing.

Photo by Canva Studio from Pexels


you might be more interested in
Freelance Programmer, Hire PHP Programmer, Hire PHP Developer India, Web Development Company, Web DevelopmentFreelancing SitesPHP FreelancerPHP Freelancing IndiaFreelance ProjectsWeb Applications


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Questions or Suggestions ?

About

Professional & Experienced Freelance Developer From India, Technologist, Software Engineer, internet marketer and Open Sources Developer with experience in Finance, Telecoms and the Media. Contact Me for freelancing projects.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner